I have been thinking about luxury lately. I might be in a place in life where I am aspiring to be Cinderella with spit up on her dress. Let me be.
Anyway, I have a small list of small luxuries I almost always have, so I can feel inspired or beautiful or luxurious in small ways every day. I don't always get to pretend I'm rich, so I do these things instead:
- Always keep a really nice box of chocolates around (and I'm not talking about Pot of Gold. I mean a really nice box of chocolates) Just have one chocolate once in a while.
- I always have my favourite pair of super high heels by the door.
- Have one really nice hat that goes with everything.
- Scented satchels in the panty drawer.
- Speaking of drawers, and I haven't done this yet, but I want to line my dresser drawers with a beautiful wallpaper...
- A BIG wine glass, and a glass of red wine every evening.
- Lotion in front of the television. Lotion that smells like Chanel or Carolina Herrera.
- The Goddess Experience by Gisele Scanlon in my Matt&Nat purse (which is my only thing from Holt Renfrew).
- One large, expensive scented candle that smells like Cotton.
- I used to buy myself a bouquet of flowers when I lived around the corner from my favourite florist.
- One piece of sexy lingerie
mum jams: Free Man in Paris - Joni Mitchell