Wednesday, August 25, 2010

aaaaaand we've been cuddling ever since

So.  The last couple of days have been fabulous!
We wad a great time at the wedding (it was lovely, I'm so glad we went), we came home and the baby wasn't even excited to see us.  He'd had a fabulous time without us.  At first that made me jealous and a little sad, but then I remembered they don't spend nearly as much time with him as I do, and maybe he needed some time away from me, too.  He's allowed to need a break.  I guess.
No no, but in all seriousness, it was nice to come home to a happy boy; not having to worry about him the entire time we were away.  We knew he was in good hands at home with people who love him.  
After days of eating nothing but nutella and banana slices on toast, last night we finally bought groceries!  We had nothing.  After having nothing in the fridge for so long, it is now my favourite thing to just look in the fridge and smile.  Very nice.
The next awesome thing is that tomorrow is my birthday.
Birthdays are so special.  It's like you wake up and feel great automatically because it's just a special day!  Even if nothing special happens, it's still a special day!  And I love a special day!  
And of course, Mike has a way of making me feel like a princess on my birthday.  
And on top of all of this, I get to pick a birthday dinner.  
Mom and I are going to One Duke for lunch tomorrow.  It's one of my favourite restaurants.  I will be having the ravioli.

join us