Sunday, August 8, 2010

cupcakes for dummies!

So, I didn't come back and post again last night.  I didn't feel like it.  We got back from Mike momma's house a little late.  But here I am now!
And I am going to tell you about the 2nd thing I've ever made by myself that was really yummy (the 1st thing was barbecue chicken ranch sandwiches).
That is me.  In my kitchen.  With a cupcake.
This cupcake is a vanilla peppermint cupcake!
And it's a lot prettier when it isn't a photo captured by my webcam...
It's minty green and sparkly.

So I just added a teaspoon of peppermint extract to boxed cake mix.  Baked the cupcakes.  Added some green colouring to some vanilla icing.  Sprinkled crushed (via Mike's framing hammer) peppermint pieces on top.  And they are delicious.  We've eaten 10 in the last 2 days.
The greatest thing about my cupcakes is that you wouldn't think they came from a package.
Who knew what a little extra could do for a box of cake mix?

Just call me Betty.
mum jams:  bicycle race - queen

join us