Friday, August 6, 2010

get this off my chest!

I don't really understand Twitter.
Don't get me wrong, I have used it.  On occasion.
I have alertthingy on my desktop and everyone's new tweets pop up every couple of minutes.  But I never read them.  I have people like Penn Jillette on twitter, and Agyness Deyn, and Gary Busey, and I read their tweets.  Because they're famous.  Famous people are better than regular people.  Everybody knows that.  That's why I read their updates.
I can only assume that everyone cares about my tweets about as much as I care about theirs.
Which is to say, not even a little bit.
I think it takes quite a bit of arrogance to use twitter constantly.  What makes you think that anybody cares what you're doing every minute of the day?!  (Unless you're famous.  I do care about every minute of Justin Bieber's day, but you aint no Biebs)
Whatever.  I'm over it.  Not that I was ever really under it.
I still use Twitter to pimp out my blog posts.  They pop up on my twitter automatically.  But that's about it. Maybe if I hear a really, really funny joke, I'll tweet it.  That never happens though.

Anyway, I have a couple of opinions to share with my lady counterparts today.  I don't have enough to say about them that I can write an entire post so I'm just going to stick them here.  These things are bothering me.  Here it goes:

  1. Nobody can rock kitten heels.  They give everybody cankles.  I don't know how they do it, but they do.  That's a fact.  Buy some real heels.  Or look in a full length mirror, for the love of god.  Kitten heels are hideous and stupid.
  2. G-strings are only sexy in your panty drawer or on the floor.  Maybe in the dark.  G-strings do nothing for the derriere.  We all know this, so why do we buy them?  I stick with the boyleg short panties.  
  3. This one is more for the general population.  YOUR CAT IS NOT MORE LIKE A DOG.  Don't say that.  It's not going to make me like your cat.  You know what really is more like a dog?  A fucking dog.  I hate cat people.
I feel better now!

Oh and you also may have noticed that you have lost the ability to comment on my posts.  I made that happen.  You can always e-mail me with your thoughts.  lindsayoquinn@gmail.com

join us