Thursday, August 12, 2010

say it isn't so!

So.
The biggest tragedy to happen to hair since the she-mullet.  It's happened to me.
My hair is thinning.  A lot.
That's why I haven't been around the last couple of days.  I have been too busy feeling sorry for myself.
I guess it's been progressively happening for a while and I just noticed the other day.  Mike thinks it's hilarious.
So I've been doing lots of research on my balding (what a horrible thought), and it seems that this kind of hair thinning is very common in the months after you have a baby.
That, and protein.  No vegetarian gets enough protein.  So last night I had a double cheeseburger from McDonalds.  It was incredibly delicious and I will not feel bad about it.
I guess it goes away by the time the baby is 6 months to a year old.  But in that time, I am going to feel so self-cautious.  My cousin's wedding is 9 days away and I have to go with a limp head of hair...
Yesterday I had a bit of a breakdown, spurred on by the hair thing.  Bad scene.
It's so hard sometimes.  Being home all the time with the baby.  I love my son more than anybody can imagine, but sometimes.  Sometimes I just want him to go to sleep.  Or I just want to duct tape his mouth shut.  Sometimes he needs so much attention that I feel like screaming.  And I keep being happy around him, because I don't want him to see that I'm upset, and by the time Mike gets home I just fall on the floor and bawl.  Then we have to go for a car ride.  Car rides always calm me down.

So, keeping that in mind, good luck to all the other mummies out there in the world, with thinning hair and thinning patience.  If your baby is like Carter and still won't sleep through the night, started teething early and constantly, constantly requires your full attention, god speed.  I'm with you.

And now I must feed the little cuddle monster.  Adieu!

join us