Monday, November 8, 2010

Nagging.

All relationships have their challenges.
But I don't know how to handle ours.
I feel like if we didn't have Carter so soon, maybe we would have gotten a better chance to get to know each other and we'd be able to yell at each other when we want to yell at each other.
But you can't yell at each other when you have a baby.
This brings on so much more stress and aggrivation for me because I can't just let things slide.  When Mike hurts my feelings or pisses me off, I honestly can't just brush it off and go to sleep.
So I'm up blogging about it.

Don't get me wrong.  He's excellent and I love him more than you could know; but I often feel like he doesn't respect me as much as I respect him.
When I ask him to do things, he never does.  Not until I have nagged and nagged and nagged.  I don't want to nag.  I just want him to do the things he says he will do instead of say "okay, I will" again and again until I finally just do it myself.  I was gonna do that!  I bet you were.  And when you have to harp on someone for days to do a simple chore, that person just gets to thinking that you're a miserable bitch who loves to nag constantly.  They don't realize that the baby is going to pull the bookshelves onto himself and die if this doesn't get done!!!
I'm just doing a little bit of venting.  Mike is asleep and we won't ever even discuss this, because we won't even speak until sometime tomorrow night; and if I bring it up tomorrow night, that just makes me a nag.

sigh.  All relationships have their challenges.

join us