Monday, November 15, 2010

Shloppy Shloppinesh

Forgive me.
I have been sick for days.
Carter was sick too.  For one or two days.  Me?  Six days now.  And it is not letting up.  At all.  In fact, I now have an earache above all else.
But...
I did make gingerbread men and they are delicious and lovely.

So.  Because I have been sick, I have also been high on cough medicine.  I don't know if this happens to everyone, or just me, but when I take the recommended dosage of Nyquil I get loopy.  I lose track of time, lights seem so much brighter, the room starts spinning, and I have these crazy thoughts.  Mostly about dying.  Lots of thoughts of dying.  But practical thoughts.  Thoughts like, I think Carter can handle life with his dad.  Mike'll do okay.  They'll live in squallor... I'd better not die until after he turns about 3 or so... then the danger of him choking on any debris that's laying around in the squallor Mike has him living in will be remote...
And so on.
It's fun, being high on Nyquil and everything.  It's like a little nod to my past.  Ahhh, the good old days.  Only now, after the Nyquil kicks in, I can't be alone with the baby.  Just like any other creep on drugs, I must stay away from the baby when I be trippin'.
So no cough and cold medication for me today.  It's just me and the baby and later on I have to go to work.  With the new guy.  I have no idea what to expect but I do know this: he wears a sideways cap and he goes by the name Deek.
I guess we'll just have to see.
I am going to miss my former work buddy.

I lost my train of thought.
It appears that there may be a long, curly pubic hair on my keyboard.
Okay, it's gone now.
I may still be high from last night's Nyquil, the way this post is going.

I would like to point out that I never would have gotten sick if it weren't for my job.  Kids are filthy little things and when they like you, they jump and crawl all over you and breathe into your face and drool all over you and give you head lice...  shudder
I know what you're thinking, and you're right: I am a saint.  For me to be exposing myself, and my child, to the awful grimy underbelly of the elementary school environment, is above and beyond the call of duty.  And I will raise my plastic shot glass full of bright green Nyquil and cheers to that!

Down the hatch!

join us