Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Someone Pour Me a Drink.

Sigh.

It isn't easy being me.
I get up way sooner than I would like to, every single day.  I hang out with a baby who is very hard to please all day long.  Then I go hang out with about 25 kids who bounce off the walls and cry at the drop of a hat for 2 hours.  Then I come home and cook something that requires a lot of effort and love (I have been making wonderful french meals lately), then I do all the dishes.  Then I bathe Carter.  Then I tidy up the basement and have a glass of wine and sit down for about an hour before going to bed and doing it allllllll over again.

Don't get me wrong.  I am not feeling sorry for myself.  But I will say that I am very much looking forward to Mother's Day.  I'm taking the whole day off.  And I will spend the day downtown by myself, doing whatever the hell I want.  All day long.

But for now, I am running on this hamster wheel for better or for worse.
At least I've been watching some good movies.



Above is the trailer for a movie called Helen, which I watched yesterday and cried throughout.  It was the most realistic portrayal of depression I have ever seen in a movie.  I recommend it!

join us