Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Way We Were?

Modest Mouse - float on .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


Float On is still such an underrated song.
I remember walking home from my high school listening to this song on my discman.  Remember those?  Why the hell did we ever put up with that shit?  They skipped all the time!  CDs are so big and stupid, you had to squeeze it into your coat pocket or otherwise carry it around.. Wow when I think of these things I feel so old.
Anyway, I haven't been blogging much because I'm dealing with myself, and trying to break bad habits I've had all my life.  I have to practice keeping my mouth shut in every and all situations.  Not doing well so far, and since I open my big mouth most over the internet, I have been avoiding it.  But this post is not about anything but this song.
Before I was diagnosed with depression, I had depression.  It had been around as long as I can remember.  It didn't have a name and I didn't know how to deal with it sometimes.  So this song made me feel so much better when everything was shitty (which they often were).  And now that I'm well, I think back on years of sadness and confusion and pride myself on getting through it.
Regardless of what's going on with who at the moment, none of it will matter in the future.  Not really.  It's only what we do to improve ourselves and the lives of those closest to us that really matters in the future.  It's the good that counts.

join us