Caramelized Bananas with Coconut Rum Cream
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- coconut rum to taste (begin by adding 1-2 teaspoons at a time)
- Place butter into skillet over low to medium heat. Cut banana in half length-wise. Place banana halves into skillet on top of melting butter. sprinkle top of banana with brown sugar.Cook until butter and brown sugar have caramelized on the banana – about two minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whip whipping cream with granulated sugar until medium peaks form. Gradually add coconut rum until flavored to your preference.
- Place banana slices in serving bowl and drizzle with caramel sauce. Top with coconut rum cream. Eat immediately.