Wednesday, April 6, 2011

This Young Mum Answers The Proust Questionnaire.

What is your current state of mind?
I'm very stressed out and feeling a little sad, but also optimistic and hopeful.  If that makes any sense at all.
What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A glass of wine, a blazing fire, a book, and a quiet mind.
What is your greatest fear?
I can't even say it.  If anything happened to Carter.
Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Sylvia Plath.  Not because she killed herself, but because she was suffering, she was a mother, she loved to write and she confessed everything about herself to everybody.
Which living person do you most admire?
Elizabeth Gilbert.
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
the never-ending self-deprication
What is the trait you most deplore in others?
People who treat those who serve them as servants.
What is it that you most dislike?
Betrayal.
What is your greatest extravagance?
My imagination.
What do you most value in your friends?
their willingness to attempt to understand things that they really don't understand.
What is your favorite journey?
Driving anywhere at night with Carter and Mike.  Anywhere at all.  Especially the trailer, though.
What is your most treasured possession?
Nothing really.  It wouldn't be very hard for me to abandon all of it.
What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
ambition.
On what occasion do you lie?
Social events.  Most of those laughs are faked.  Also, when people ask how I'm doing.  Usually, I'm not doing fantastic.
Which living person do you most despise?
The guy who holds up the GOD HATES FAGS sign.  
What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My son, duh!  And also words.  I love words.
When and where were you happiest?
I was in Florence and I saw a beautiful woman with long blonde hair playing the shit out of a cello in front of a really important cathedral I barely remember.  At that moment, everything was perfect and I was inspired.
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would get a lobotomy.  
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Managing to be more intelligent than most highly-educated people.
If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?
Everyone would shut the fuck up and be happy in each other's company.
What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Losing a child.
What is your favorite occupation?
mother.
What is your most marked characteristic?
flakiness.
Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
That's a toughie.  Holly Golightly or Maria Elena.    SCARLETT O'HARA!
How would you like to die?
Shot in the back of the head on the day that I decide I have done everything I came here to do.
What is your motto?
If there is no God, then the aliens are the ones laughing at us.

join us