Tuesday, July 13, 2010

good morning, starshine.


I love our mornings together.

You'll wake me up about 3 hours earlier than I'd like to wake up. You pout and whine until I give you a bottle. You'll drink maybe a quarter of it (because you weren't really hungry, but you wanted one anyway) and then we will watch CHCH News together.
You'll have your eyes glued to the TV because you are your father's son, and you love the stupid thing.
We will head upstairs where you will sit in your swing and coo and squeal. It's awfully cute. I will have 2 cups of coffee. We will hang out for a couple of hours, and then you will fall asleep in your swing (yes!). Even after those cups of coffee I will be able to take advantage of this opportunity to nap. I'll get an hour, perhaps. Sometimes I choose to shower instead, depending on what a jerk you were to me the night before.

But the best thing about our mornings is when you look at me and smile and give me the jimmy legs. You are a pretty cute little bugger.
When you grow up and refuse to get out of bed and treat me like crap because you're a teenager and you're not getting laid, I will miss these days. And you won't remember how much you loved your mornings with me when you were this tiny little bean.

mum jams: doorbell - the white stripes

join us