Thursday, July 15, 2010

a badge and a bash

I finally got Carter to have a nap.
Usually we don't have a problem with this, but this morning he was just in too good a mood to go to sleep. It was cute. I put him in his crib and he would whine a little. As soon as I'd walk in he would grin from ear to ear. Cute little bugger.
I made my blog a badge today.

Throw it onto your blog. The code is on the right somewhere. Doooo it!
There's been a lot of conflict as of late in this household. I will not go into detail but suffice it to say that the human race has been disgusting me lately. People are real shits to one another, and I'm sick of it. The more I see people betraying one another, being phony to each other and just generally being dick heads, the more I sink into myself. I don't want to make new friends. In fact, I dread situations in which someone might try to become friends with me. I don't need any. Most of the ones I have had turned into utter disappointments. I remember every tear, every lie, every fake smile and every low blow and I don't forgive easily. I pride myself on being brutally honest. I wasn't always; but once you decide that you're going to be genuine there is no half-assing it. It's actually a very liberating way to live!

If I don't like you, you are going to fucking know about it.

I can see this becoming problematic. But I can't help it! When I see injustice, my first instinct is to point it out and raise all hell about it. When someone is disrespectful to people, I treat them like pond scum. It's just the way I am and I honestly can't help it.
I swear, it's not that I like drama. In fact, it is just the opposite. My favourite thing about Mike is the fact that he is probably the most predictable man on Earth and he never yells. Unless I'm drunk and say something stupid. but that's different.
What I'm trying to say is: if you're more trouble than you're worth, adios. Who needs ya?

I'm not referring to any particular person. Honestly. It's just everyone, you know? I'm losing faith in people. Not you, though. You're super cool.

mum jams: And then I Dreamt of Yes - The Dandy Warhols

join us