Saturday, July 24, 2010

itty bitty tiny things


I have been flipping through The Book of Inspiration by Jo Packham and Jenny Doh and I have to admit, it's inspiring the fuck out of me!
I have been toying with the idea of delving into mixed media for a while... mixed media is just a fancy name for putting things together that don't belong together, but it is really visually appealing and offers more to the eye than just a regular painting. So I have been thinking about it. For like 2 years.
I've always had a thing for tiny shit. When I was a kid, I had the biggest Polly Pocket collection I have ever seen. I very rarely lost pieces, but when I did I had kinipshin fits that you would not belieeeeve. I loved tiny things. I still get Kinder Surprise eggs once in a while, and struggle with what to do with the tiny toy inside. It always ends up getting thrown out, though.
I have decided to collect these tiny little things that come my way, store them in clear cookie jars until the time is right and, when the time is right, make something awesome. Like a little matchbox coffin for a paper doll.
I'm putting this out there into the universe via my blog because I want to hold myself to it. And I do not lie on Blogspot. Because you just don't do that.

mum jams: once again - girl talk

join us