Thursday, August 5, 2010

big changes in plan

I decided...
because I don't want to plan a wedding and because I don't want to invite people I don't like (which is most people)
we are going to get married at the little place on Lundy's lane in Niagara Falls, the one we drove past in our limo on prom night and I announced I wanted to get married in it.
It seems like the right thing to do.  I want the marriage, not the wedding.
Afterwards, I thought we could just have a big party.  Everybody could bring some food, I could decorate the place the way I want to, and everyone I care about can join us and have a good time to celebrate.
But that's all I want.  And then we can go to Cuba.  Or Cuba before the wedding.  Whatever.
I don't have any interest in being close with extended family members anymore.  And because I won't play favourites, I don't want any of them at my wedding.  This is the best way to keep me from having to plan a frigging wedding, and the only thing that I can imagine not pissing off all of the assholes I refuse to invite.
Does anyone really want haters at their wedding?
My wedding is a privilege, dammit!  You have to work to get that invite!

But the party.  Parties are for everyone.  Parties are fun.

join us