Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Recipe: Chocolate pots de creme


This was such a rich and creamy chocolate lovers' dream dessert.  I made it last night after we had our pot roast.  I was just looking for a dessert I already had all the ingredients to make.  This is going to be a popular one, we'll definitely have it again and again.  Mmmm.  I made one small change from the recipe though; instead of using chocolate chips I shaved 6 oz of semi-sweet bakers chocolate.


Ingredients:
6 ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons sugar
Pinch of salt
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons dark rum
3/4 cup milk

Directions:
Combine first six ingredients in blender. Heat milk just to boiling. Pour over other ingredients. Cover and blend one minute. Pour immediately into four ramekin dishes. Chill at least one hour.

join us