Sunday, December 19, 2010

2010.

Dear 2010,

            You were a great year.  And I want you to know, I do not say that to all the years.  Especially 2005 and 2006.  They really sucked.  In fact, I hated them and I told them to never come back.  This is the first time I have even bothered mentioning those assholes.
What happened in 2010?  I think a lot of shit happened.  I discovered that you no longer have to buy pomegranates to enjoy the seeds.  You can buy the seeds without the peel.  But this is a rich person luxury and I haven't bought it yet.  But I will.  When I'm feeling fancy.
2010, you brought me a freaking baby.  'Nough said.
I really grew up inside you, 2010.  And I emerged like the beautiful butterfly that I always knew I was.
I wear a lot more designer things now too, 2010.
In 2010 I decided to ditch the Oxford comma.  Fuck the Oxford comma.
I didn't do anything I seriously regretted.  Not a single thing.
2010, you showed me that I am French, on the inside.  And you showed me how to make a killer croque monsieur,
You showed me how to be a mother, and how to stop sweating the small stuff, and stop acknowledging the small people.
You introduced me to the combination of brie, turkey and apple slices.  Mmm.
2010 was good for my depression.  It lifted fully and completely.

Hopes for 2011 include:
Trying to be an even better mother.
Perfecting the Chocolate Soufflé.
A visit to Ashta (fuck those ticket prices, but I'm coming)
A house!
An incredible Dr. Seuss themed first birthday party, complete with a bubble maker and Cat in the Hat hats.
I have no idea what 2011 has in store...

2010, I don't care what anyone says.  It's not going to be easy to top you.

join us