Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I know: Where have I been?

The truth is, the timing has just never been right!  Mike's home a lot because of the rain recently, and I can't really sit and write when he's home because he's always like, "Whatcha doin'?" and then I have to say "bloggin'", and he'll say "about what?" and then I have to close the laptop and save it for later because Mike has decided to start the Bowles Inquisition on me and then I just watch whatever's happening on the Oprah Winfrey Network (my new addiction).
But let's just give you a little update, shall we?
Mowgli is finally starting to walk around.  He says lots of different words and I'm very proud of him.
I was diagnosed with 4 different mental illnesses and this has been both a blessing and a curse.  On the one hand I'm thinking this is great, I finally have a name (or four) for all of the things I feel and think and everything I go through and It's real, other people have it too, I'm not alone, yay!  and on the other hand I'm just kind of bummed out about the fact that I have four different mental illnesses and will never be normal, no matter what I do.
C'est la vie!

I have also made a very serious resolution.
About a week ago I said I was going to quit drinking.  And I should, I should.  But that's just so hard to do... and I haven't hit rock bottom yet so I came up with another, even better plan:
Have a couple of drinks every once in a while, as long as you're not hurting yourself or someone else, who really cares?  Right?
Just go to bed before midnight.  Or try to go to bed before midnight, especially if you've been drinking.  I forget who it was that first said this to me, but somebody once said nothing good has ever happened after midnight and I tend to agree.  I can't remember the last time anything good ever happened to me after midnight.  In fact, after midnight it usually when everything goes for a shit.
After midnight, everyone you meet just wants to screw your brains out.
After midnight, food isn't any good because it's all headed straight to your ass.
After midnight, anything you say can upset someone and sending text messages to anyone will make you look like a crazy person.
After midnight, anything you spend money on is just a complete waste.
After midnight, no one is on facebook to talk to.
And so on and so forth.
So I'm going to try my damnedest to go to bed before midnight, no matter what!
Wish me luck, internetland.

join us