Friday, June 22, 2012

Keeping Busy

Phew.  Sorry I haven't been here in a few days.  Maybe a bit longer.  I know some of you look forward to my posts.  (Hi mom!)

I wanted to share some of the awesome stuff we've been up to lately!  First, an intro.  Ahem:

So when I first had Carter, I was a little concerned about what kind of mom I would turn out to be.  I would commonly joke about how unfortunate he was to have me for a mother.  But in all seriousness, I was focusing on all of my shortcomings and thinking that there was no way I would be able to be everything he needed me to be.

I took to it all like a duck to water.  I am very loving to my children, very snuggly, and although I don't have very much patience when it comes to Carter's incessant whining (and I'm telling you - he's relentless), I am always available for I-love-you's and creative playtime.  Speaking of which..

Worrying about what a shitty mom I could possibly turn out to be, and knowing that I can't very well take the kids back to the stork because of any percieved inadequacies on my part and as is usually the best course of action: instead of worrying about everything that I cannot do, I quickly learned to capitalize on my strengths.  I am pretty crafty, after all.  AND because family members and friends are always asking me about the cool stuff I do with Carter, I decided I will start sharing my secrets with everyone via the blog...

So with the intense heat of the last couple of days, I have kept myself busy. 


This is a little charm I made for Fathers Day for Mike and my Dad and I made a few extra for the special people in our lives.  I picked up some Sculpey at Michaels and dug out a heart shaped cookie cutter from Carter's play doh accesories and made these sweet little thumb-print hearts.  I bought the irredescent sparkly stuff and followed the directions on the label.  Easy peasy!  And everyone loves them.


This is great.  I got this free printable from this place, and printed it out and put it in a dollar store frame and now Mike and I leave "I love you because" notes to each other every day.  I feel like it's going to go a long way.
And on the right is the totally awesome piggy bank that carter made at Crock-A-Doodle in Dundas.  If there was a fire in the house and I could only take one thing, this piggy bank would probably be it.  IS IT NOT FANTASTIC?  I highly recommend Crock-A-Doodle.



I made this for the boys and hung it on the wall in the stairwell across from their bedrooms. 




Carter doesn't look impressed in this photo but that is probably because I'm taking pictures of him in the bath, in all fairness.  He's not stupid and he likes his privacy.  Totally understandable, but he's all over the internet anyway.  At least I didn't put your tallywacker in the picture, kid.
So this is bathtub paint!  A HUGE HIT!
Just mix together a bunch of baby soap, quite a bit of corn starch and some food colouring.  I just kind of mixed it all together so I don't have exact measurements, but you can play with it until you get it right.

Aaaaand that's all I have for now, but we are always doing something awesome and I will definitely share more things with you shortly.

join us